Applications are made directly to the International Office. Applications are evaluated by the relevant Graduate Institute. Students accepted for graduate study at Istanbul Okan University will receive a Letter of Acceptance issued by the International Office. They will then apply for a Visa at the nearest Turkish Consulate in their home countries.
Please click to see the Ph.D. Programs List
Application Documents for Doctorate Programs
- Completed Application Form / Online Application
- Certified copy of Undergraduate Diploma*
- Bachelor Transcript (4 years) *
- Master Diploma
- Master Transcripts
- Copy of the passport*
- Recognition of Bachelor (UK Naric)
- Recognition of Master (UK Naric)
- Motivation Letter (Only for Architecture Program)
* The documents in languages other than English or Turkish must be translated and certified.
Documents for Enrollment for Doctorate Programs
- Original Undergraduate Diploma
- Official Transcript for undergraduate study
- Original Masters Diploma
- Official Transcript for Masters study
- Original standardized test result, if available
- Original English language test score, and Turkish test score, if applicable
- Copy of the passport
- Copy of the Visa or residence permit
- 6 passport size photos
- Bank receipt for the paid tuition fee
- All students are responsible to obtain health insurance with in the first 3 months of their arrival. You may get further assistance from the International Office staff during your registration.
Students accepted for graduate studies can stay at a recommended private dormitory near their campus or arrange their own off-campus housing.