THE HIGH-SCHOOL DIPLOMA EQUIVALENCY (DENKLİK BELGESİ) (NECESSARY ONLY FOR UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE STUDENTS)
* The “Equivalency Certificate”, (“denklik belgesi” in Turkish) which verifies the equivalency of your High School Diploma to a Turkish High School Diploma, can be obtained either from the Turkish Embassy at your home country or from the Ministry of Education in Turkey.
While getting your equivalency certificate do not forget to request your origianal diploma and trancript from equivalence Office and check if these originals are given back compleletly and correctly
HOW TO OBTAIN EQUIVALENCY CERTIFICATE
You may have detailed information by checking the Equivalency Guide from the link below:
Click for The Equivalency Guide
Please find the list of Turkish Consulates / Embassies in your home countries below where you can apply for equivalency certificate
If your country is not on the list you need to obtain equaivalency certificate from Ministry of Education in Turkey. In this case please follow the steps below ;
1) Make online application through Millî Eğitim Bakanlığı - e-Denklik (meb.gov.tr) to get appointment
To complete online application;
So “Equivalency center “should be chosen as “İL MİLLİ EĞİİTM MÜDÜRLÜĞÜ”
2) After completing application, your appointment will be settled
3) You will receive a code number as a message
4) Submit your following documents to Ministry Of Education in Sultanahmet/İstanbul with this code number on your appointment date
Address of Ministry of Education: Binbirdirek M.İmran Öktem C.No1 Eski Adliye Binası Sultanahmet/Fatih/İSTANBUL
A) Equivalence Diploma Application Form: Milli Eğitim Denklik_Layout 1 (meb.gov.tr)
B) The original and the copy of your passport (1. ID page, 2. if you have entered Turkey with a visa than copy of the visa page, if not entered with a visa, last entry to Turkey stamp page copy)
C) Original and copy of high High School Diploma(translated into English or Turkish by certified translators)
D) Transcripts of records (must cover all high school years and must cover the credit hours and grades ) It should be translated into English or Turkish by certified translator.
If you have Cambridge or Pearson Certificates ;
you are required to submit documents confirming either of the following three options (a or b or c);
a) 2 A levels + 3 O levels (GCSE) minimum grade D
b) 2 A levels + 1 AS level + 2 O levels (GCSE) minimum grade D
c) 3 A levels + 1 O levels (GCSE) minimum grade D
Click for the list of apostille member countries
5) University Acceptance Letter copy
6) Student Residence Permit Card (if you have at the time of application)
After getting your equivalency certificate you have to submit it together with your original diploma and transcript to international students office.
Before submitting your original equivelency certificates to international Students Office you can send them by email first ; firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Get Your Equivalency Application Result
1) You have to go to the Equivalency Office on your appointment date with the appointment paper, your passport and student residence permit card (If available). You should submit your appointment document to the Result Desk (‘Sonuç Odası’ in Turkish) in the office to get your file back.
2) If your equivalence application is approved, the Result Desk will provide you “Equivalency Certificate” (“Denklik Belgesi” in Turkish) togetrher with all the application documents (original diploma and trancript) you have submitted before. Please check your file and see if all your previously submitted documents and your equivalence document are given back to you completely and correctly.
3) After getting your equivalency certificate, please submit it together with all the original documents to the International Studenst Office.
TEMPORARY EQUIVALENCY CERTIFICATE (“GEÇİCİ DENKLİK BELGESİ” in Turkish)
Please make sure that you receive Final (permanent) Equivalency Certificate as in some circumstances Equivalence Office may give you Temporary Equivalency Certificate”(Geçici Denklik Belgesi” in Turkish)because of some missing documents that you have not submitted such as residence permit card copy (you may not have residence permit at the time of equivalency application) . Other than residence permit, Equivalency Office may find out your missing grades of your transcript record. In any case you should submit copy of Temporary Equivalency Certificate to international Students Office and apply for Final(permanent) Equivalency Certificate again to get your final (permanent) equivalency certificate
Please read carefully what document is missing and requested on Temporary Equivalency Certificate”(Geçici Denklik Belgesi ) Because this document is in Turkish , international students Office may help you to read it.
After getting your residence permit card or obtaining missing document that is requested on Temporary Equivalency Certificate”(Geçici Denklik Belgesi ) you should apply again for Final(permanent) Equivalency Certificate . In this case please follow the steps below ;
International Students Office