First Application


First you should visit the online residence permit application page and choose “first application” (you should have already obtained a health insurance)

Fill in the form very carefully. (If you have several names, make sure that you write your first names and surname in the correct slots.

After completing the form, select an appointment date and place for your residence permit application. Write down your application number.

After you fill the form and select the appointment date,and place you should get a print of your application form. This is very important!

Submit the requested documents to the international Students office within 30 days after registering in university.

When your cards are approved by immigration office you will get a message to your phones and when your cards are sent to university again you will get message

In case of first applications, you should make address registration once you get your residence permit card

Address registration is a must

Please see adress registration places within pdf ; Click here

Requested documents for student residence permit
When you submit your file to the international students office, you should have the following documents:

  1. Official pink file
  2. Printed residence permit application form
  3. Printed health insurance document (First five pages)
  4. Student certificate (Turkish, recently dated)
  5. Transcript (Turkish, recently dated)

    Note regarding the student certificate: You should be an active student, which means that you do not have any debt, and you have courses on the current semester’s transcript. If any of these conditions in not satisfied, you CANNOT obtain a student certificate. While applying, you might see an application for (Öğrenci Durum Belgesi/Student Status Certificate), this document is NOT valid for the residence permit process.
  6. Copy of passport (identity information and photo page, entry stamp page and visa page). If you have entered Turkey with e-visa, you have to submit copy of your e-visa
  7. Old residence permit card copy (double side) (IF YOU HAVE)
  8. Prove of address (one of the following):
    • Notarized house contract
    • İkametgah (obtained from e-devlet)
    • A notarized letter of undertaking (Taahhütname) + Bill under the name of the person whom you are living with
    • If you stay in dormitory , you need to get dormitory resdience letter from dormitory management
  9. Notification Form and Unemployment statement form

    1. Notification Form (TEBLİĞ-TEBELLÜĞ BELGESİ)
      Click here

      Notification form should be filled as below;
      You should write in “TEBELLÜĞ EDEN” part ; (at the bottom of the form) ;
      Your name (ad) , surname (soyad) and your signature (imza )
    2. Unemployment Statement form
      Click here

      Unemployment Statement form should be filled as below;
      1st empty field: your nationality
      2nd empty field: your passport number
      3rd empty field: İSTANBUL OKAN
      bottom part; your name (ad) , surname (soyad) , your phone number (tel) and your signature (imza)
  10. Residence permit card fee receipt (tax receipt) (receipt of 356 TL) You can pay this fee to nearest tax Office or you can pay it online through digital tax Office.
  11. 4 Biometric photo (white background, not smiling face) otherwise it will be rejected by the Immigration Office
  12. A proof of fingerprint scanning. You should go to any immigration office with your student certificate, residence permit application form, and your passport (not a photocopy) and inform them that you will give your fingerprint. Immigration Office officer will write a number on resdience permit application form after getting your finger print.
  13. Deed of consent and Birth Certificate (only for under 18 students who did not come to Turkey with student visa)

We will NOT accept any file with missing documents.

These documents are required by the immigration office and the evaluation is done by the immigration office. Any delay or rejection would dictate the student to visit the immigration office and inquire.

You can find our office in the Business and Administrative Sciences Faculty, Ground floor, B105.