Renewal of Residence Permit


* Applications for extension should be made within sixty days prior to the expiration of the residence permit and, in any case, before the expiration of the residence permit.
• If you have a valid residence permit, you should make your online “extension application” before 2 months (60 days) to its expiry date.

• If your residence permit has already expired, you should apply for “first time application” within 10 days after your current residence permit expiry date and you should submit a petition about your excuse for late application to the centers where they make appointments on the day of the appointment together with your other requested documents
• If you do not make any application after 10 days you should leave Turkey with a penalty due to not having an extension application. When you come back you should apply online first application for student residence permit.

First you should visit the following online residence permit application page and choose “extension of the duration of residence permit”

** If you are in Turkey when your card expiry date finish and if you exceed your expiry date to apply ( if you are late to apply for renewal) this means you violated your residence . In this case you have to write a letter of excuse addressed to “İstanbul Valiliği İl Göç İdaresi Müdürlüğü“ and mention your reason of this late application ( violation) . You should mention your name, your residence permit application number and your passport number within this petition. You have to sign it as well and it should be in Turkish. You need to submit this petition to the center where you make appointments on the day of the appointment together with your other requested documents
** If you exceed your expiry date to make renewal application, you should make “first application “ as renewal is not accepted for residence violated situations.

it is recommended to obtain professional application support services through S’aide. (health insurance, residence permit application, getting residence card fee tax receipt and many more services for students.) you can reach S’AIDE support team through below email addresses ;


IMPORTANT NOTE (Before Starting The Renewal Process)
Students should register their address in one of the immigration directorate offices. To do this, they should submit one of the following:

  • If you are staying in your own home, a photocopy of the title deed; ("residence document" is sufficient for extension applications.)
  • If you are staying in a rental house on a rental agreement, a notarized copy of your rental agreement;
  • If you are staying at a hotel, etc. proof of your stay in these places;
  • If you are staying in a student dormitory, e-signed/signed and sealed/stamped document showing that you are staying in the dormitory.
  • If you are staying in a third person’s residence, the notarized undertaking of the host (if the host is married, also the notarized undertaking of the spouse).

** In addition to one of these documents, you might need a bill that has your name on it, or the name of the person whose name is on the rent contract.

Requested Documents for Residence Permit Renewal
1) Old residence permit card copy ( double sided copy)

2)Printed resdience permit application form ; (S’AIDE can make your application in case you request health insurance as well)

3) Health Insurance Document; S’AIDE can make your Health insurance , please see all information you need ;

4)Student certificate ( recently dated ) You should apply Student certificate in (Turkish option) through OIS from document requested field. When it s approved you will see on your screen as ready ( hazır) You can download and print it

Regarding Student certificate: In order to get student certificate you shouldn’t have debt (overdue payment) otherwise system doesn’t give student certificate. Also you have to have course registration in your OIS system. If you don’t have course registration you can not obtain Student certificate. Besides immigration office see you as passive student and reject your application. For the master and PHD students who are in thesis period, they have to make thesis registration in system to get student certificate and to be seen as active student as well

5) Residence Permit Card fee receipt (Tax payment receipt of 160 TL).S’AIDE can get residence card fee (Tax payment receipt of 160TL) for you in case you get your health insurance from S’AIDE.

You can also obtain it from tax office or you can get it online. If you obtain from tax office, you should get original tax receipt. Copy is not accepted. You have to have residence permit application form and your passports with you when you go to tax office

The important thing about card fee receipts (tax receipts) that you obtain from tax office or Ziraat Banks; there should be stamp ( TAHSİL EDİLDİ ) on tax receipts . If there is not approval stamp ( STAMP OF TAHSİL EDİLDİ) your tax receipts will not be approved by immigration office and your application will be rejected . Please check if the officer put this stamp when he/she gives to you. If there is no stamp request him/her to make it.

Tax office address closest to university: Hürriyet, A-B 34876, Yakacık Cd. No:47, 34870 Kartal/İstanbul

If you pay 160TL online and get the receipt ,you can print it only (it is already approved )

You can pay online through “interaktif vergi dairesi” See below link of interactive tax office
Click here

a) you don’t need password



d)“Başvuru numarası” On the 4th step you will see a field for a number. You can find the number on your residence permit application form page 6th (Accure no)

6)Copy of passport (identity information and photo page, stamp page and visa page) If you have entered Turkey with e-visa, you have to submit copy of your e-visa.
7) 4 pcs biometric photo. It should be biometric ( with white ground, not smiling face and in biometric sizes ) and they need 4 pcs otherwise it will be rejected by immigration office
8)Notification Form and Unemployment statement form these forms should be filled and signed

Click here
form should be filled as below;
You should write in “TEBELLÜĞ EDEN” part ; (at the bottom of the form) ;
Your name (ad) , surname (soyad) and your signature (imza )

Unemployment Statement form
Click here
Unemployment Statement form should be filled as below;

1st empty field: your nationality
2nd empty field: your passport number
3rd empty field: İSTANBUL OKAN
bottom part; your name (ad) , surname (soyad) , your phone number (tel) and your signature (imza)

9) Proof of Address: you should obtain a residence document from e-devlet called “Yerleşim Yeri” and attach it as address proving residence. If you did not register your address, you need to do it or you will need to bring a notarized copy of your rent contract.

10)Deed of consent and Birth Certificate (only for under 18 students who did not come to Turkey with student visa) If you enter Turkey with student visa you don’t need to get birth certificate and deed of consent altough you are under 18*Deed of consent(Muvafakatname (apostille or with embassy approved foreign ministerial approval and Turkish Translation) by the student's father/mother/legal guardian is required. The person under the age of 18 should obtain mentioned deed of consent from the legal authorities in their respective country mentioning that the student has permission to live in Turkey and study in Istanbul Okan University.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Certain conditions have been set for these two documents:
• If students’ respective country is a party to the Apostille Convention, then the documents should have the Apostille approval by the Turkish embassy or consulate in their country. The certified Turkish translation of the documents have to be approved by the notary.
• If the students’ documents have been prepared in their respective country without the Apostille approval, then they must firstly get them approved by their embassy or consulate in Turkey. Secondly, they should go to the district governorship, Legal Advisory Department to approve their certified Turkish translated documents.

*Birth certificate(Turkish translation - notary approved) (apostille or with embassy approved foreign ministerial approval and notorized Turkish Translation)
*If you want to ask any question please contact international Students Office