Objectives of Machine Engineering Program:
- will be able to work succesfully in national and global industrial organizations as manager, R&D engineer or technical staff and they contribute to complex problem definition and its solution with their systematic thinking skills and spirit of innovation, also be respectful to ethical values.
- will be able to be accepted to Master and PhD programs in domestic and foreign universities and can carry out academic studies.
- will be able to set up one's own businesses with their innovation and entrepreneurial skills and develop innovative technological products.
- will be able to create added value by using their holistic perspective, good communication skills and modern engineering methods as a project leader or expert in complex projects.
Learning outcomes of machine engineering:
- Sufficient knowledge in mathematics, science and related engineering disciplines; The theoretical and practical knowledge in these areas, the ability to use in complex engineering problems
- Ability to identify, define, formulate and solve complex engineering problems; Selecting and implementing appropriate analysis and modeling methods for this purpose
- The ability to design a complex system, process, device or product under realistic constraints and conditions to meet specific requirements; The ability to apply modern design methods for this purpose
- Ability to develop, select and use modern techniques and tools for analyzing and solving complex problems in engineering applications ; The ability to use information technologies effectively
- Ability to design experiments, conduct experiments, collect data, analyze and interpret results for observing complex engineering problems or discipline-specific research topics
- The ability to work effectively in disciplinary and multidisciplinary teams; Individual work skill
- Effective communication skills in Turkish verbal and written communication; At least one foreign language knowledge; Ability to write effective reports and understand written reports, to prepare design and production reports, to make effective presentations, to give clear and clear instructions
- Awareness of the necessity of life-long learning; Ability to access knowledge, follow developments in science and technology, and constant self-renewal skills
- Conducting ethical principles, professional and ethical responsibility; Information about the standards used in engineering applications
- Information on practices in business, such as project management, risk management and change management; Awareness about entrepreneurship, innovation; Information on sustainable development
- Information on the effects of engineering applications on health, environment and safety in universal and social dimensions, and on the problems of the modern era reflected in the field of engineering; Awareness of the legal consequences of engineering solutions
- Physics knowledge based on mathematics and chemistry knowledge; advanced mathematical knowledge, including multivariable mathematical and differential equations; Familiarity with statistics and linear algebra
- The ability to work in both thermal and mechanical systems, including design and realization of such systems.
Missions of Mechanical Engineering Program is to graduate mechanical engineers who can;
- work successfully in national and international companies as a manager or technical staff,
- continue to Master and PhD programs to be ready to the academic world,
- continuously develop themselves,
- adapt quickly to the modern advanced technology systems,
- be entrepreneur, innovator, researcher,
- be respectful to ethical values.