The career goals we expect to be achieved in the near future (within 3-5 years after graduation) of the engineers who graduated from the Civil Engineering Program of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Istanbul Okan University are described below in line with the duties of our institution.
Our Educational Objectives:
- They work as field engineers in Civil Engineering applications.
- They undertake construction contracting works.
- They take part in site management and occupational health and safety.
- Conduct postgraduate studies in Civil Engineering, Construction Management and Explosive Engineering disciplines.
- Civil Engineering The program outputs covering all components of knowledge, skills and behaviors required to achieve the program educational objectives are given below.
- Sufficient knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering related subjects; ability to apply theoretical and practical knowledge in these areas for modeling and solving engineering problems.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems; the ability to select and apply appropriate analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
- An ability to design a complex system, process, device, or product to meet specific requirements under realistic constraints and conditions; the ability to apply modern design methods for this purpose. (Realistic constraints and conditions, depending on the nature of the design, include elements such as economy, environmental issues, sustainability, productivity, ethics, health, safety, social and political issues.)
- An ability to develop, select, and use modern techniques and tools necessary for engineering practice; ability to use information technologies effectively.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, collect data, analyze and interpret results for engineering problems.
- Ability to work effectively in disciplinary and multidisciplinary teams; self-study skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written Turkish; knowledge of at least one foreign language.
- Awareness of the necessity of lifelong learning; the ability to access information, follow developments in science and technology, and constantly renew oneself.
- Awareness of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Information about business practices such as project management, risk management and change management; awareness about entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainable development.
- Information about the effects of engineering applications on health, environment and safety in universal and social dimensions and problems of the age; awareness of the legal consequences of engineering solutions.