The career goals expected of engineers who will graduate from Civil Engineering Program of the Istanbul Okan University are defined below.
Our Educational Objectives:
- Work as a field engineer in Civil Engineering applications.
- They act as contractors in construction works.
- Work in the fields of site management and occupational health and safety.
- They do postgraduate studies in disciplines such as Civil Engineering and Construction Management.
The program outcomes covering all of the necessary knowledge, skills and behavior components in order to achieve the educational objectives of the Civil Engineering program are given below.
- Adequate knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering related to their own branches; ability to apply theoretical and applied knowledge in these areas to model and solve engineering problems.
- Ability to identify, define, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems; ability to select and apply appropriate analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
- Ability to design a complex system, process, device or product to meet specific requirements under realistic constraints and conditions.
- Ability to develop, select and use modern techniques and tools required for engineering applications; ability to use information technologies effectively.
- To investigate engineering problems; ability to experiment, collect data, analyze and interpret results.
- The ability to work effectively in disciplinary and multidisciplinary teams and the ability to work individually.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Turkish and at least one foreign language.
- Awareness of the necessity of lifelong learning; ability to access information, to follow developments in science and technology.
- Having professional and ethical responsibility.
- Knowledge about business practices such as project management and risk management, and awareness of entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainable development.
- Awareness of the effects of engineering applications on universal and social health, environment and safety, problems of the age and the legal consequences of engineering solutions.